Friday, July 3, 2015

A bit of a Delay...

We’ve had a jam-packed last two days. My apologies for neglecting the post for yesterday. During VBS, I was needed to play the part of “the angel” in the bible story, and so my usual time to write the blog post was not available. I never got any free time to make it happen.

During VBS the last two days we learned the story of the crucifixion and the resurrection. A few of the kids responded well. One of them said very matter-of-factly, “If 500 other people saw it, I think I’d believe too.” I couldn’t agree with him more.

After VBS yesterday, Sarah, a raft guide who has been taking the week off to help us out with VBS, treated us to a float in the eddy by her and her husband’s rafting shop. It is a pretty swift rapid that takes you down about a hundred yards, then shoots you back upstream. We had a great time doing that to unwind from a hard days work.

After coming back, the power went out all over town. It didn’t come back on until around midnight last night. We had to eat and shower in the dark.

The field night, however, was spectacular. We heard testimonies from our Erin Williams, and Megan and Sarah from Riggins. It’s very cool to hear the stories of kids who were attending VBS when we started this and who are now practically part of the team.

We had a lot of fun on the field with a DIY slip n slide. We took a large black tarp and sprayed water on it with some baby shampoo and had some fun slipping and sliding. Zach Richard and I got to where we were doing some tricks on the slip and slide. We did one where I went and when I got to the end of the track, he jumped over me and went the other way. We then decided to try one where we both go at the same time and he would jump over me in the middle…. It really didn’t work. You can see it on this youtube video! (I promise, we’re both fine. This incident actually didn’t


Today we had a parent event at the end of VBS. We played a slideshow of pictures, which I am working on uploading to youtube now. The kids performed the songs they’ve been learning, and Walley, Pastor Jim’s ventriloquism dummy, made an appearance.

After VBS today, we cleaned up the sanctuary and took down the decorations. It’s back to normal up there and that’s a little bittersweet.


After that, pastor Jim took us on a trip up to heaven’s gate, where we could see the seven devils. Those are all points on mountains around here. The kids got some great pictures. I was unable to make it up the mountain, as I hurt my knee yesterday. Prayer for some minor injuries all around would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment