Sunday, July 5, 2015

We're on our Way!

(Written on July 4th)

We said goodbye today.

I’m writing in the car as we make our way back to Boise. There were a lot of tears.

But I’m getting ahead of myself. First, I have to tell you what we did last night! Instead of our usual family time, where we study a book about the church, we decided to have a debrief. We talked about the trip: things we liked, things we didn’t, things to keep in the future (yes, the whole team is convinced there will be future trips… more on that later) things to change, high-points, low-points, the whole sha-bang (sp?). 

We said our goodbyes to some last night, and then hit the sack. This morning most of the team went rafting with the Smids. Pastor Jim, Clint, and I went golfing, and Denise rode along. Don’t ask how we played… I’m blaming my knee injury for my score.

As for the rafters, they had a wonderful time on the river. They said it was hot and the water was low, so they got a lot of chances to swim, which is the best part.

We got back and cleaned up the church, said goodbye, cried a little more, then hit the road. This will probably be the last blog post of the trip, so if you’re coming to the airport, we’ll see you at IAH at 4:50 pm tomorrow!

Thank you all for praying for us. God did some awesome things, and I know the team can’t wait to share them with you. The idea was suggested of a post-trip dinner. I’ll post again with details if this happens. Until then, all I can think to say is the advice that Paul gave to the church in Philippi. “do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”


(Written on July 5th)


We ended up getting to the hotel at around 10:30, and getting to bed around midnight. We got up at 4 this morning to be at the airport for our flight. Needless to say, we’re all exhausted. We should be coming into Houston at around 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment